Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December Blossoms


December 11, 2011
Boston Public Garden



I am leading winter photography workshops through the City of Boston's Park and Recreation Department.  The first of five workshops was held Sunday morning on the bridge in the Public Garden.  I positioned myself in the sun, hoping to keep warm while outside for two hours. 

I noticed these cherry blossoms from where I set up, and kept turning back to them as my toes got more and more numb. I was enchanted by these mid-December blossoms, as were many of the workshop participants as is evident from their photos. Our theme was color and as people came back to the bridge to share their work I saw their renderings of orange berries, white roses, leaves in shades varying from green to brown, and other pops of color in nature I never expected to see during a Boston December. It was a pleasant surprise that I think it warmed us up a tad.



Upcoming workshops
Sundays 10am- noon
December 18 at Jamaica Pond Boathouse, Jamaica Plain
January 8 at Christopher Columbus Trellis, North End
January 22 at Back Bay Fens Kelleher Rose Garden, Back Bay
February 5 at Millennium Park Canoe Launch, West Roxbury

All are welcome. These events are free and open to people of all ages and skill levels with any camera.